Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Routine

Elective time.

Drive a million miles, arrive at a musty-smelling home with sad motel furniture.

Claim a room, figure out which couch is comfiest.

How many channels do you get?

The wifi password is Isengard? How are you nerdy enough to have that password, but misspell Isengaard? How did I notice?

I think the hospital is walking distance to here, but where is the nearest LCBO?

Yelp "best delivery thai Ottawa".

Is this pad thai? The soup tastes like dirty bathwater.

Man, I wish this place had air conditioning, but at least it's clean.

Why can't I log into my schedule?

I think my first shift is tomorrow. Where are my scrubs? Did I forget to pack my scrubs?

I have done this every year, several times a year, for about 10 years. This is my last elective. Unusually, I have my family with me to help settle in, and also make things complicated (I know which couch is comfiest and I'm not currently on it.) Three weeks, then I'm done. Living in one place for more than a year at a time. Making a paycheque. Deciding what shifts I want to work and when...

Now all I need is a recommendation for good delivery food in Ottawa.

No comments:

Post a Comment