Sunday, August 16, 2015

newbie

What did you see during your first week of work?

I saw a kid who had been out in the sun all day. Her core temperature was 40 degrees celsius and her brain was cooked like an egg. We cooled her down until the helicopter could come to transfer her to the children's hospital.

I saw a glass dildo sitting high in someone's tummy; I wanted to ask them, "If you're going to spend all that money to put things in your butt, shouldn't you make sure they're butt friendly?" I want to make pamphlets for the waiting room: All about that bass? Try a flared base!

I saw a toe that had been disconnected from it's owner (mostly) and reunited these lost friends.

I saw a nail through a thumb that somehow missed the bone. The owner was learning to be a roofer. It was his first hour on the job. I suggested alternative career options as we yanked it out.

I saw fractures and cuts and coughs and colds and sore tummies and hernias and one thousand vaginas and one swollen ball.

All in all, a good week, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment