Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Cold cold feet

Sooo, Canada's East coast is without power due to an ice storm. The family medicine program in Ontario only includes one (optional) week of ICU time. Ontario has a strict Return-of-Service contract. In summer, they have West Nile Virus. I've fled the province once before. I have good friends who live there. I miss Canada. I miss my family.

Christchurch is surrounded by mountains. Christchurch hospital would love me to do a mixed surgical/medical year next year that includes Emergency, ICU and anaesthetics. It is currently 26 degrees and sunny there. In winter, you can buy a season's pass to amazing snow for roughly 300 bucks. The population is only slightly larger than Guelph's.

I have a meeting with the St V's heads of ED training tomorrow. They would like me to train at St V's, and even if I'm only around for half of next year, they'd like to offer me a job. It was sunny, 27 degrees and breezy today. I spent yesterday at a local beach. I eat sandwiches with beetroot. I love my friends and family here.

No specific points here. Just musings. Just sayin'...

No comments:

Post a Comment