Monday, March 21, 2011

first day

This is not a repeat of medical school. We know that you have all been to a medical school somewhere.

This is not an English class, you have more than proven your abilities in English with your...with the tests...your English skills are fine.

This program is designed to help you prepare for your integration into the Canadian medical system.

Apparently, integrating into the Canadian medical system involves talking to actors who play simulated patients. Something you may remember from first year. First year. SIX YEARS AGO.

Anyhoo, my first day of school involved shiny new pens, highlighters, file folders and that old sinking feeling. It's not that I mind the program. It's mind-numbingly useless for a convincing pseudo-empath such as myself, but it's not hard work.

What I mind is that it's taking away from my exam study. Y'know. The actual medical knowledge. The stuff I used to know, but that has apparently dissolved in my weekly alcoholic brain-baths. The stuff that might save a life.

I came home today and tried to study, I swear. But the soft couch & fluffy cat pulled me in, then Godfrey suggested breakfast tacos for dinner (necessitating a trip to the shops) and then, suddenly, it was 9:30 and I was full of cheese. No room for facts.

I'll try again tomorrow. After my "Learn to use a Library" session. Sigh.


No comments:

Post a Comment