Wednesday, March 23, 2011

interesting medical words I learned today

Marsupialisation: the act of slitting an abscess, then suturing one edge to the base to create a pouch of tissue, thus allowing free drainage of the pus.

From the word "marsupial", referring to a (generally Australian) mammal with a pouch.

I did not learn this in class. In class, I learned that crossing one's arms is a sign of "closed" body language. And that the teachers have surprisingly good hearing when it comes to cuss words.

Luckily, my new friends are just as profane and cynical as me, so none of us could be pinpointed for blame.

At home, life is still blissful. I'm watching the snow come down, eating marshmallows and learning about the different types of vaginal discharge. Which is not everyone's cup of tea, but works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment