Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Joy!*

I have been dreading my family medicine clinic all week; I haven't seen my patients in a MONTH and I was expecting an afternoon of drear, gloom and complaints about life.

I got giggly babies, fetal heart rates, happy chat with my mentally challenged patient (she has a new boyfriend who is really really nice to her and takes her on bike rides) and a new installment of the "My Weird Penis" show. (This week's contestant had surgery to have small plastic lumps inserted under his penile skin "to give ladies pleasure". I don't know if he meant my irrepressible mirth, but it certainly worked.)

I have but 2.5 weeks of internal medicine to go. Yes, it's a hellish slog that sucks joy from my life and colour from my cheeks, but it has it's benefits. Specifically, it forces me to appreciate my career choice.

So, yes! Bring me your tired. Your back pain. Your poopy babies and your sore knees. Your weird rashes and your dribbly genitals. Bring it all, bring it on! I love my job!

*It should be noted that I consumed an entire jar of leftover frosting before composing this post. FYI.

No comments:

Post a Comment