Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Back in the Saddle

Butt bleeds. Peritonism. Dialysis patients with infected lines. Dudes who can't pee.

A four year old who was afraid to be examined until I gave her a smile. She turned and whispered something to her Mum, who said, "She DOES look like Doc McStuffins!" and then she let me poke her in the eye.

Asking the back dude if he had had any erections since his injury. When he hesitated, I prompted, "Not even morning wood? Or...a more professional way of saying that?" He and his girlfriend laughed and then it was a little less awkward when I tickled his anus with a Q-tip.

I am so so so rusty. I didn't give pantoprazole to the guy with the upper GI bleed! (Mr G shrugged when I said this, but it's the equivalent of not giving morphine to someone with appendicitis...)

I forgot to give morphine to my lady with appendicitis.

The thing is, everyone was really nice, the nurses are great, my staff doc was SO fun to work with and I got to do some bone crunching in a little old lady wearing fabulous sunglasses.

I was very happy to go home and watch my baby sleep on the monitor. And it was nice to have today off. But
I still love my job. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment