Sunday, July 25, 2010

I want your disease...

Things that happened on my birthday (or within 2 hours of it):
- cupcakes at midnight
- first on scene at code blue that required intubation and CPR
- projectile vomiting
- pericardial effusion that was causing minor tamponade
*(on TV, this is solved with giant needle to heart)
- housemate party: jelly-slice cake, homemade butter chicken, eating in pj's
- finding out the UBC has changed their requirements for application again and I NO LONGER QUALIFY
- hearing "Bad Romance" as the sun came up and I struggled to get a drip in
*(hello theme song for 29!)

Last year, the birthday didn't happen due to interplanetary time differences. This year, cos of the night shifts, it lasted for about 48 hours. My work life is so strange; I have never had more texts/messages/emails of love on a birthday, but I spent the majority of the day with very sick strangers. Medicine is weird.

Today is pseudo birthday; I've had fancy breakfast at a local cafe, napped for 4 hours and am about to punish my hair with another round of "colour me random". Followed by dinner with my beloved(s) and perhaps a glass of champagne.

Behold; my birthday tune (no embedding, damn you YouTube)

No comments:

Post a Comment