Saturday, July 17, 2010

Taking off the cowboy hat...

Alas, last night was my final night in Warrnambool. We decided to stay in town on Friday night in order to experience a "proper" country night out. It was the first time we didn't have to get up early to work so we thought, "Hey! We'll let our hair down, country-style".

After a semi-wholesome afternoon off (whale-watching, surfer-changing-in-the-parking-lot-watching, slutty-shirt-shopping, milkshake drinking) we met at my house to drink any leftover alcohol we could find in our fridges. Champagne, Canadian Club and low-carb beer, all served with a side of stale Doritos? The beginning of a very classy night.

Dinner and drinks, then we hit "The Pub".

I was dancing up a storm when I noticed a familiar face over Dan-the-physio's shoulder; a patient who had come to ED a few weeks ago. I started to smile at him in recognition when I remembered what he had come in for; he was a drug-seeker, and I had denied him drugs. He had been quite angry, needless to say.

I ducked and covered (thank you tall Dan), but I don't think he recognized me, cos he later tried to hit on me after grabbing my ass. Or maybe that was a sign he DID recognize me?

God bless the small country town. And thank GOD I'm back in the big city.

No comments:

Post a Comment