Monday, April 19, 2010

Keitha.

The head nurse of my new country ward is named Keitha.

I saw her nametag during orientation and began giggling uncontrollably, but alas, no one else got the joke. We're a long way from Kansas, Toto.

4 hours from the Melbourne, Warrnambool is situated on a lovely vantagepoint, stunning beaches...fabulous local culture...blah blah blah.

They don't have enough accomodation for all the doctors they've employed, so I'm living in a motel (old school;my milk was delivered in a porcelain jug). The hospital was described by our director of education as "a falling down piece of crap". My patient today accused me of pretending to be smart cos I talk funny. They served us tea and scones this morning, because civilized people have morning tea.

Mixed bag, really.

I'm off to scout out the pub (for dinner, I swear. Just dinner.) and then prepare for tomorrow's 14 hour shift. God bless rural Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment