Saturday, May 8, 2010

ouchie

Sunday morning in Warrnambool is a beautiful thing. I wake late and wander over to my local cafe for a latte & muffin. I am perched at the bar, powering through the Sunday papers when my yoga instructor waltzes in. She looks completely different out of class; gone is the severe bun, replaced with blonde bouffant and face full of slap (makeup). Next time she chastizes me for my impure life, I will not be afraid.

I'm working in the ED this weekend and it's reconfirmed how much I LOVE this job. It's not a big city hospital; you can't get xray after 5, you beg for ultrasound (probably wont get it unless your patient is spewing blood), and there is a distinct lack of senior staff. But the patients are great; yesterday being Saturday, I saw 5 footy players and 4 netball players, all with various fractures, bruises, sprains and bumps. They say today will be all Mother's Day related injuries- kids eating peanuts at the local restaurant and grannies collapsing after an exciting morning with the grandkids.

All in all, I'm looking forward to it. Plus, ten hour shifts FLY by. I couldn't believe it when they told me I was done last night. It felt like I'd just arrived.

It's also fun to work here cos everyone thinks I'm the local celebrity. "Canada! Wow! I love Canada, I've always wanted to go! Aren't you brave to come all this way..."

And I think, yes. Yes I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment