Monday, May 3, 2010

just a small town girl...

I think Vancouver might be a small town. I've been really happy in Warrnambool, feeling really at home and comfortable in this environment, and the reasons are as follows:
- I can see the ocean from most windows on the second floor or higher
- I can get to a sea-side running track within ten minutes
- the whole city is green; grass, trees and flowers are everywhere
- people are, on the whole, friendly and pleasant
- the yoga here is as close to torture as is legally allowed
- I can wear sweats to the grocery store
- I don't feel guilty if I come home from work and chill out; (in Melbourne, I always feel like I should be going to hip bars, trying new restaurants, taking pole dancing classes, etc etc)

All these things are the things I love about Vancouver too; big city, small town feel. Of course, Vancouver has the drawbacks of a small town. I can't go for a manicure without running into the French teacher who hated me in grade eleven (Damn you Bourbonnais!). I would hang out primarily with people I've known since high school. I would eat nothing but sushi for the rest of my life...

Lots of things to consider. Lots on my mind - job applications will be due soon and one must ask herself, "What do I want from the next three years?"

No comments:

Post a Comment