Thursday, March 25, 2010

heal thyself?

Blerg. Last day in Thailand. I am supposed to be reclining under the firm yet tender hands of a Thai masseuse, having my pending-work-anxiety beaten out of me. Instead, my stomach rolls with every change in posture. I am pale, sweating, pained...AND I DON'T KNOW WHY!

This is possibly the most annoying day of my life. If I could say confidently, "Oh, it's a traveller's sickness", I would be ok with that. Food poisoning. Malarial infestation. Hell, I'd even take syphilis as long as I presented with a clear and obvious pattern of symptoms. But this? Malaise? Non-specific nausea? No other real symptoms? How does one treat such vagueness?

Prescription: water, french fries (o! western food!) and lying under a ceiling fan while watching made for TV movies from 1998.
Blerg indeed.

PS: Ok, I REALLY don't mean it about the syphilis.

No comments:

Post a Comment