Saturday, March 20, 2010

take it with you...

I am on holiday. Blissful, blissful holiday, with snorkelling, sharks, rock climbing, cold beer, hot nights and so much delicious Thai food...

I am still at work. Every night, i close my eyes to see the screen of the Emergency Map; what patients are due to be seen, who are still waiting for test results, what needs to be done now. And while we walk on the beach, I am thinking about how I will stitch our wounds when we cut our feet on broken glass. I am listing the antibiotic regimen for travellers diarrhea (and the red flags associated). I am watching the beautiful people kiss on the dance floor and thinking about the recent increase in syphilis infections worldwide.

It's a weird bliss, but it's mine. Can't change who you are, so I've decided to embrace it; use my knowledge for good. As opposed to my usual "torture my friends with descriptions of their predicted future deaths". Happy times.

I'm going to lie face down now and NOT think about scabies infections.

No comments:

Post a Comment