Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Bacon Muffin Day

Game on, bitches.

One hundred dollars of my hard earned cash (it takes skill to tweet while hiding from the nurses) has been sent in to the Medical Council of Canada. They assure me that this money will be used for important things, like verifying my exam scores. The exams that they provide. That cost me 2000 bucks last year. But I digress...

Hitting "send" left me giddy! Even if I don't make it, even if they spit on my application and tell me I'm more suited to Koala therapy, even if they ban my descendants from applying based on my scores...Even if, I'm excited.

My worst case scenario is that I don't get a job which means:
- Morocco in January with Dan & co (no interviews = holiday time)
- A year of exorbitantly overpaid freelance work (including Warrnambool ED, where my boss forgives my use of the terms "retard", "strap-on" and "motherfucker")
- 2 months in Canada IN SUMMER, with a planned trip from BC, through Calgary (gotta meet Little Sammy) and on to TO for dancing with Ian, Rachel & Corey.
- the satisfaction that I tried something, even though it had an uncertain outcome.

See? Win win. Which is not something I could have seen 3-4 years ago. I am so glad I'm not 25 anymore. Which reminds me...

Happy Birthday Dan! Don't be afraid, it only gets better.

No comments:

Post a Comment