Sunday, August 22, 2010

Retraction

I take back everything I said about Rehab; now that I've experienced "life outside medicine" (a theoretical concept described by employers who's contracts you haven't signed yet) I may never go back.

I've been exercising.
Eating 3 balanced meals a day.
Interacting with both non-bleeding AND non-vomiting people.
We had an election party. More importantly, we had time to plan, shop for, dance through, clean up and rehash-over-brunch. I think people call this "living"?

As you are probably aware, the election has not had a clean result; this meant that our original plan of "wait for Labour victory, celebrate Green victory in Melbourne, drink, dance, repeat" was scuppered.

Instead, we had one half of the room focused on the results as they ticked in and the other half determinedly ignoring them. We had three heated arguments and two storm-outs (though one was related to brotherly ire re: sisterly pashing). And we still don't have a result.

Not everyone was so vehemently partisan though; Greens and Liberals were able to wake up and have a civilized breakfast before resorting to snide remarks and name calling. NB: A re-usable cup does not make me a dirty hippie.

Life in rehab is PROPER LIFE! This means less medicine, more scandal and SO much more bacon. Bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment