Wednesday, November 17, 2010

kidnapped!

I think I have Stockholm Syndrome.

I'm starting to stay later than is required of me. I actually came back to work this evening, after leaving, to make sure that all my jobs were done perfectly. And I voluntarily stayed until 8pm yesterday to cover for another intern who was sick.

Why? I want my Registrar(s) to like me.

Yep, the same guys who delight in tormenting me.

There's also a little voice in my head that says, "Screw them. I'm tough. I can totally keep up with them and work just as hard and laugh off the deaths and handle the blood and..."

In a way, it means work is going well. When you push yourself to do more, and realise that more is getting done, you've achieved success. Right? Right.

Now off to sleep, I'm going in early to prepare for 6:45am rounds.
Seriously, Stockholm Syndrome.

No comments:

Post a Comment