Wednesday, May 25, 2011

cupcake

Like most people, I love talking about sex.

There is something so compelling about the ins and outs (!) of human relationships. And this is why I love my job. I meet someone and immediately ask them to describe their most recent sins. I especially enjoy the matter-of-factness that the doctor's office allows.

Do you have sex with men, women or both?
Are you currently sexually active?
Do you have a monogamous relationship, casual partners or both?
Oral, anal, vaginal or other?

Just ticking the boxes Ma'am. All part of the job.

And the answers! I don't pretend to be a wildly experienced woman, but I do read a lot. My most depraved literature can't compete with the day to day transactions of love.

For example: My MtoF transgendered patient can't maintain erections (due to hormone therapy) and asked me for any suggestions on what to do. Her partner is pre-op MtoF trans and I had to ask exactly what components were on offer. And then think about it. And then google it. We came up with some ideas, and she'll report back. I hope.

Other fun sexy-times? Papping a pregnant lady. Diagnosing genital warts. Demonstrating correct condom usage techniques. Googling "poppers" and "bear clubs". Using the words "insertive" and "receptive" in daily conversation.

Don't get me wrong. I am not just a sex-obsessed prevert.

I also really enjoy baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment