Wednesday, May 11, 2011

pro: tiny wiggly butts


Babies can have so many different rashes. The Resident and I spent a good portion of this afternoon comparing rashes and Australian/Canadian terms for rashes.

What she calls a cherry hemangioma, I call a strawberry haemangioma.
What she calls lace-like, I call reticular.
When I say "Mongolian blue spots" she shudders. Slate-blue naevus is the PC-approved term. I don't suppose the Mongolians would mind, but hey, this is Canada!

My new home/clinic specializes in LBGQT (?) patients, new immigrants, the homeless and tiny, tiny babies. I was at work for 9 hours today. I did not get paid. Will not, in fact, get paid for my next 6 weeks of service. But I had a great day.

I love my job. I love being at work. Even for no pay. Even though they introduce me as "the IMG sort-of doctor".

I had forgotten how much fun medicine can be. Dr G is back in the hizzouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment