Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Things I heard at work today...

- Bye ladies!
- Those aren't ladies, they're doctors.
- Oh. Bye doctors!

"Dress code? Um. It's a men's hostel, so don't wear anything that makes you look cute. Or anything that can't get barf on it."

"I tried to listen to his lungs, but then a bug crawled across his back, so..."

"When is it safe to have sex after having a baby? Well, a gentleman waits until the episiotomy is sewn."

"It's a good idea to build trust before sticking your hand in someone's vagina."

And so on and so forth.

Another exciting day in the life of...well...what ever I am.
Not a medical student, not yet a doctor. Legally anyways. Which means everytime my boss introduces me as Dr Marriage, and I don't correct him, I am committing a felony.

Anyways, we had obstetrics lectures with an amazing doctor today. She swore, she made inappropriate sex jokes, she told us she'd been kicked out of two different residencies before she found her calling in Family Med and was candid and blunt about how baby-catching both sucks and rocks.

I have a new hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment