Thursday, May 5, 2011

home

I get off the plane and see my parent(s) waving at me, Tim Hortons in hand. They will immediately try to take my bag, feed me and tell me that the phone hasn't rung since last time I was home.

My Dad will suggest that any and all complaints can be solved by going to the gym. I will go to the gym with him and as we leave he'll say, "We should go again tomorrow".

Desi and I will drink too much coffee and talk for 5 hours without pausing, then decide to take a joint nap and watch 30 Rock.

J&K will suggest drinking, hockey or a combination of the two. We will yell at the TV.

Tippi will confuse my parents with his grown-up voice. "I didn't recognize him! He said it was Geoff! Who's Geoff?"

The 6 week English communication course is done (spoiler: I passed) and my licensing exam is a a faint PTSD nightmare. I am an official grown-up employed person. I am living the dream.

Still, it's nice to know that Vancouver is here. A place where I am not responsible for anyone else. Where I don't have cause pain, break bad news or tell people what to do. I'm embracing the regression to my teens. I'm going to stay in my pajamas until 2, then go to Dairy Queen for a blizzard.

No comments:

Post a Comment